There are nearly 11,000 tire-related crashes each year, and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) states that with proper tire maintenance, many of these crashes can be prevented.
Save lives by keeping yourself and your family as safe as possible while traveling the very busy and hazardous roadways. Not only do we need to be cautious around construction zones, other vehicles, large 18-wheeler transportation trucks, motorcycles, and general road debris and hazards, we also need to take care of our vehicles so they operate and respond to the best of their ability.
Take Five – Five Tire Maintenance Tips
- Proper tire pressure is the most important part of tire maintenance. Not only does it directly affect safety, it helps with tire durability and saves you money with optimum performance to help manage fuel consumption.
- Tire tread directly affects the traction and gripping action on the road, which can prevent slipping and sliding, especially when road conditions are wet or icy. Tires are considered unsafe and should be replaced when the tread is worn to 2/32 of an inch.
- Alignment and balance directly affect the life of your tires, and should be performed regularly to avoid veering to left or right, and to eliminate shaking or vibration, all of which wear down tires sooner and affect the safety of your vehicle.
- Rotating your tires help to prolong the tire’s life by reducing irregular wear, adding life to the tires and maintaining fuel efficiency.
- Tire size is important to the vehicle’s safety. When you purchase new tires make sure the size is recommended by the vehicle manufacturer.
- Tire Pressure and how to read your tire labels;
- Tire tread and how to identify the age of your tires;
- Tire maintenance tips and saving money;
- Search for recalls by VIN with the NHTSA.
There are a number of issues to be considered in prosecuting a tire case. Tire failures can cause a vehicle to leave a roadway, cause a roll over, or cross into the other lanes of traffic – all serious incidents potential of causing serious injury or even death to a vehicle’s occupants and other motorists. If you have questions about a recent accident or injury, or if you or someone you love is suffering because of another person’s irresponsible actions, let us fight for the compensation you deserve! We have successes handle cases all over the United States, we have offices in the Southeast and often serve clients in the Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, Tennessee, and Florida areas. Contact us today for a free consultation.